Monday – January 21, 2019

International Student Admissions - Steps to Apply
  1. International students must be enrolled full time (12 credits) in an associate degree or technical diploma program. Please see Associate Degrees and Technical Diplomas, and visit Academic Costs.
  2. Complete the International Student Application. Please read all instructions carefully.
  3. Include official secondary school transcripts (and any post-secondary school transcripts) with applications. Transcripts must be translated and evaluated ONLY by official agencies. Those listed on the back of the application may be used.
  4. If you are transferring to MATC from a school in the U.S., submit a Transfer-in Form. This form must be completed by the International Student Advisor of the school the student is transferring from. It must include the applicant's authorization to release information requested in the form. This form should be forwarded to the MATC International Student Admissions Office.
  5. Include TOEFL scores. Please visit for information. MATC requires the following scores: computer-based (190), paper-based (520), iBT (68), IELTS (5.5) Click here to see TOEFL Exemptions.
  6. Health insurance is mandatory. All international students must provide complete health/medical insurance information as requested in the admissions packet.
  7. Make copies of all the materials for your reference, and send all materials by first-class mail to the MATC International Student Admissions Office. If your application is not complete, MATC will notify you. Clearly label the envelope as follows:

         MATC International Student Admissions Office
         Counseling and Advising, Room S203
         700 W. State Street
         Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233     

  8. Upon receipt of all required documents, the International Student Admissions Office will release your Certificate of Eligibility for an F-1 visa, the I-20 form.
  9. After you receive your I-20 form and all your supporting documents, apply at the nearest U.S. Consulate or Embassy in your country for an F-1 visa.
  10. If you are granted a visa to enter the United States and to study at MATC, make travel arrangements to report to MATC at least one week before the beginning date of classes. This is mandatory.

NOTE: Failure to contact an International Student Advisor will result in your being reported as "non compliant" with the Department of Homeland Security.